St. Catherine’s Catholic Church

The first priest for Catholics in Fairview was Father J.H. Mahusser in 1908, based out of Culbertson. He held mass at the State Street City Hall until a church was built in 1915, with Father John Leahy. The new church was consecrated and named Saint Catherine’s in 1916. A fire destroyed the church in 2002. It was rebuilt in 2005 with the help of many individuals and businesses in the area.

Full name: St. Catherine’s Catholic Church

Street Address: 317 W. Seventh St., Fairview

Friar: Jim O’Neill

Service times: 8 a.m. Sundays

Other events: pre-school to 8th grade religion classes 9 a.m. Sunday; senior high religion educatoin classes 7 p.m. Wednesdays.

Phone: 406-742-5293

Load comments