The Sidney High School graduation ceremony for the Class of 2020 will be held on Sunday, May 24 at 2 p.m. on Swanson Field.
“After careful planning, we have made the determination that this is possible and we can do so while still maintaining social distancing,” Sidney High School principal Brent Sukut stated in a press release dated Friday, May 8. “It is our hope to bring some form of closure and celebration to the long-term commitment made by our Senior students.”
In the press release, Sukut acknowledged rain or shine; the ceremony will take place. However, some guidelines have been put in place for the health and safety of all involved.
The following guidelines have been put in place:
• Each student will be allowed four immediate family members, which include parents or Legal Guardians, as well as siblings.
• Contact the school in advance if you have plans to have more immediate family in attendance.
• Students will park in the south parking lot of the school and enter the school through the south entrance. From there, staff members will escort them to designated classrooms as they finish getting ready for graduation. Immediate family may park in the north parking lot of the school or available parking spaces along the street.
• From there, families will walk to the northwest entrance of the football field, where a staff member will escort each family to their designated seats.
• No family members will be allowed to enter the field or leave their seats to take pictures. A photographer will be present to take photos.