The Sidney-Richland County Library will once again host the annual Gingerbread House Contest! Prizes will be awarded in five categories:
• Child (Ages 8 and Under)
• Youth (Ages 9-14)
• Teen/Adult (Ages 15 years and up)
• People’s Choice
Entries must be submitted between Dec. 11 and Dec. 18. Voting, both on Facebook and in the library, will take place Dec. 19-20. Winners will be announced on Dec. 21. Each category winner will receive $25 in Chamber bucks.
• Participants can bake their own gingerbread or use a pre-packaged kit.
• All materials for the gingerbread house must be edible. All candies must be unwrapped and free of inedible materials (such as lollypop sticks).
• The base of the house may not measure more than 18” x 18”. Please label your entry with your name, address, and phone number on the underside of the base.
• All displays will be available for pick up Dec. 21. Entries not claimed by Dec. 29 will be discarded.